Wednesday, 5 December 2012
The last couple of days have felt like a dream. Over the weekend my parents were away so I volunteered to look after my younger brother, Leon, for them. We spent the days just relaxing, eating good food, watching bad television and of course swimming to escape the heat! On saturday night we decided to go to the Cinema to watch the film The Perks of Being a Wall Flower, it was such an incredible film and left our hearts in a weird combination of contentment and wanting more from life. We later drove to get ice-cream by the ocean, which was so lovely, especially the breeze on our faces to relieve us from the hot summer night. The next couple of days I've spent with my friend Ruby, who I had picked up from the airport with Vincent on friday morning. She said its strange that when she is in Melbourne, she misses the things she took for granted while she lived here, especially the beach. So I have been accompanying her on picnics, swimming and lots of sun by the ocean. Because i am very english my skin doesn't cope well with the sun, and i am very sore and burnt as a result. Hopefully the heat cools down a little to make the days less draining, but i will embrace them even if they don't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment